Monday, June 20, 2011

Broken Bricks

Well I said I'd post last night but one thing and another and here we are it's Monday.Of course it's Monday I'm in pain,tired and have blisters as big as Gary Ablett's wallet, but I have a couple of other things, I have a medal that says I've finished a marathon and I have a massive sense of achievement.
I also have a huge amount of gratitude for the people who helped me and encouraged me. Clearly Tracy has been 100% with me, it's just not possible to do these sorts of things without your family onside. Abbey has also been a huge support.
On the day I cannot go past the massive support that Adam Crawley gave, riding along with me carrying drinks & gels and constantly encouraging. My only criticism is that he tried to talk me into a half ironman next, no way mate, no way. Adam also provided awesome assistance to one of my fellow marathoners,Julie McDonald, who was struggling towards the end of the freeway leg, with Adam's encouragement she beat me by 23 seconds in what has to be the worlds slowest photo finish. I just had no energy to catch her, let alone pass her, though if anyone asks I did the right thing and let the lady go first.
Colin Prior, Jeremy Savage & Kelly Underwood all joined me in the last vital stages and all made me feel pretty good on the last few k's(other than the fact that I felt like crap they did a top job)
My fitness journey has introduced me to so many great people and yesterday they where out in force. Kudos to you all.
Those of you who have followed my blog know that I often use White Stripes songs as blog titles, this blog was very nearly called "I just don't know what to do with myself" (it's on elephant by the way) just for the fact that I really don't know what to do next. I know for the next few days I'll recover but after that who knows. But for the record, no half iron mans

2 comments:

  1. So you're not saying no to a Full Ironman then.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me clarify, the closest I'll be getting to Iron Man, half or full is a bowl of Nutri Grain

    ReplyDelete