Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome to Run Fatboy Run


Recently I decided that running a marathon might be a good idea, How exactly I came to this decision is not clear even to me but a decision has been made. It's not the first time that I've decided to do something that appeared to be a bit of a stretch, I've been on long bike rides, done triathlons and last year ran the city to surf. No big deal for most people really, so this is not a blog to say how good I am, no this is about keeping me accountable to my goals. I started my journey from sloth to marathon man 4 years ago when my wife suggested join a gym and get a bit more active. On my first visit to the gym I weighed 170kgs and could barely keep up with the treadmill. 4 years later I've lost 40 kilos, but I've still got a long way to go.
So here I am, still looking to lose some weight, and also wanting to take on distance runnings ultimate challenge. Join me on the journey as I work up to the Perth Marathon on the 19/6/2011. Leave your comments, encouraging or not, and if you see me running the streets don't forget to shout Run Fatboy Run.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we decide that something's a great idea and then not know how, exactly, we came to that decision? Good on you Clinton, I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines of blogland. Don't forget to post lots of pics so we can see you winning your fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You r an inspiration Clinton...love hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite regularly I read a blog written by a woman in LA who writes novels and scripts for TV shows and movies. Her name is Pamela Ribon, and back in 2006 she ran the Maui Marathon and wrote about it. The story is funny as hell:

    the lead-up
    mile zero to mile 12
    mile 13 to mile 26.2, AKA Crazytown

    ReplyDelete