Sunday, June 12, 2011

Better value than Usain Bolt

Chances are you have heard of Usain Bolt, the stupendously fast runner who can cover 100 meters in mere seconds. I am not nearly as fast as Usain Bolt, not even close. But there is one area where I think I've got Usain covered, and that is value for money. Allow me to explain, an Olympic games ticket to see the Mens 100 metre final must cost what $100? Maybe more, and that is of course if you could get one. All this for less than 10 seconds entertainment. Whatever you do, don't sneeze or answer your phone, you might miss it. Sure you'll see the worlds fastest man but only for a few fleeting seconds.
Or on the other hand you could come and watch me participate in the Perth Marathon, with my expected finish time of up to 6 hours there is no danger of sneezing and missing the event, it also represents $216,000 of Usain value(@$100 per 10 seconds). Sure it won't be raw speed but I will guarantee that there will be(almost) constant movement. Also, whether you are there to cheer or not, Usain wont notice, but if you cheer me on, I'll definitely notice. I may even wave.
So you see I am better value than Usain Bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment