Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I can't wait

Tonights run was my most nervous run in a long time. Why the nerves? Well I ran big on Sunday, 14 kilometers in the morning, followed by 5.5 in the evening at the marathon club twilight run. It was a big day but I felt I pulled up pretty well on Monday and started to plan my week to lead up to the half marathon ottis Sunday. With a light week in mind I set off for a 5 km run, thinking that it should be easy. Not so. Every time I felt a little tiredness in my leg, particularly the left one, I wanted to stop.The concern of pushing too hard stopped me pushing at all.
I expect the next few days will be very much like this, constant nerves and doubt, constantly thinking whether that normal ache in my leg is the beginning of a new injury. That said I'm quite excited that a big testing event has finally arrived, something that will test me like nothing before.
I can't wait

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see how you go, you will inspire me for my little run

    ReplyDelete