Sunday, January 9, 2011

Event number one

Today was my first event with the WA marathon club, an enthusiastic bunch of runners who organize runs pretty much weekly, all year round.
5 kilometers seemed like a bit of a doddle on paper and I've ran the distance before so I thought I'd be pretty good to do it in about 35 minutes. Well I could post a bunch of reasons as to why I didn't do it in 35 but the truth is I just need to do more work, 40 minutes for me.
That said everybody was super encouraging and I didn't finish last. Tracy ran really well too, so maybe she should be doing the marathon.

2 comments:

  1. Clinton, if only I had of known I could of yelled Run FatBoy Run on Sunday when we rode past you. Well done on your first run with the club. I am sure you will get quicker with time. I will keep an eye out for you on the streets on our Sunday rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margot. Looking forward to hearing the shout out.

    ReplyDelete