Monday, June 6, 2011

Final days

Yesterday was two weeks to go until the Perth Marathon. As part of my training I ran a half marathon distance. It was possibly one of the best learning experiences I could have had ahead of the actual event. Some of the things I learnt for certain are:
* it's time for new shoes
* 3 slices of toast isn't enough for a big run
* water fountains around the river are a little too far apart
* my iPhone battery is not up to marathon pace
* my wife is an awesome runner
* Don't eat Vietnamese meals the night before a big run.

So a couple of lessons to be taken out of it. Mainly, make sure my kit is right, nutrition is right and my pre race hydration is up to scratch.
A bit to do, but I think I can work it all out in time,time will tell

1 comment:

  1. I could never do a run that long - in order to stay hydrated enough I would need to pee every 30 minutes :). That's why I limit my runs to 5 km's. Well done and good luck.

    ReplyDelete