Sunday, March 13, 2011

1st goal down

I fully expected that doing a half marathon in the hills would be tough, and guess what, I was right, it was tough. But funnily enough, I never felt that it had me beaten, in fact by about the 7 or 8 km mark I started to realize that I would make it and I would be OK. Not quite sure why it was then that I realized, but it was. Just this feeling that the course had thrown everything at me, but hadn't beaten me.
Now that I sit back & relax, I can honestly say what a great experience it was, the number of other runners who cheered me on, gave a thumbs up or just a smile was awesome. The number of people clapping & cheering as I ran down the finish chute and just the overwhelming sense of achieving something.
Time now for a little rest, and then back into training for the full marathon in June.

1 comment: